




Well we had a horrible week. It started on Friday when Jack threw up on me because he was coughing so hard. So he had a little cold for a few days. Then on Monday things were going great. we played in the pool and Jack was just having one of those hyper days. he was bouncing off the walls, and dog. Finally Pete had enough and got into it with Jack. It was a very quick thing the was done in a snap. I can still hear the horrible sound. I ran over and immediately started crying because it was bad. He held his face so we couldn't get a good look, but there was a ton of blood. The blood was coming from his cuts and his nose. Todd grabbed hi from me and told me to call 911. When they finally arrived (it seemed like forever) Jack's nose had stopped bleeding but the cuts and punctured spots were still going. The paramedics said he needed to go to Children's hospital so they gave us the option to take him ourselves. We took that option thinking it would be less stressful on Jack. We got there and waited a bit. The doctors wanted to put him out for the procedure so when got to the room they started the iv. We were there for 7.5 hours. I couldn't help but cry when I would look at him and I would try to hide it but every now and then he would see me. He would say, What wrong mommy?" I would just say that I loved him so much and that he was being a big brave boy. He would say, "Oh yeah. I love you mommy." So anyways Jack has 12 stitches and a broken nose. He is a trooper! He is on meds to help with infection. They said that dog and cat bites can get really infected, cats more. After the procedure he said "hold you mommy. I jumped in that bed to hold him as fast as I could. (I just told him how handsome he is and he said I so funny.) Well we got home at about 3 and mad a pallet for Jack in our room. We took showers and I needed to feed Allie. So I pick her up and she starts pucking on me. So here we go again. I showered again, and wouldn't you know she does it again. Forget a third shower I was tired (4 am). Neither of us could sleep. The next day we figure things out and Todd takes care of things while I take care of the kids. It was the hardest thing to do, but we knew we had to. I can't talk about that. So we have to hang around the house for awhile so he doen't get his cuts infected, and stay out of the sun for 1-2 years to help minimize the scaring. He has to wear heavy sunscreen and hats when he is out.
Things were really getting better then last night I woke up with a horrible migraine and pucked all morning. I think I had to release some stress. Todd said I am not taking you to the ER. Haha I didn't want to go either.
Jack is not scared of dogs, which is a great thing, but he is acting very aggressive and has to turn on all the lights when he goes in a room. The dr said that the aggression is because he doesn't have the words to express how he is feeling, and the lights are due to fear.
We will get through all this. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Week from Hell
Posted by The Peterson's at 3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This, too, shall pass! I hope you all feel better after a nice long weekend!
Oh my, you guys....I hope all is getting better.
Ryan and I are sorry to hear what happened to Jack. We will be thinking and praying for yall. I know you did the right thing about Pete. Tex says hi amd sends his love. All will be ok. Katie
Vanessa, I pray that your family gets through this quick. I feel so bad for you, hope everyone is doing better.
I too feel tremendously sad for little Jack. We hope everyone is doing much better. I just read the post but I wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you guys!!
Thank you all! He is doing much better. He has started with some anxiety toward dogs, but hopefully time will tell.
Post a Comment