Today I asked Jack what he wants to do for his birthday in January. I know it is a little early but you have to start early so you can book places plus from here until his birthday is crazy!!!!!!!! So, Jack said he wants a spiderman cake and he wants to ride ponies. Thought okay that sounds fun reserve a park and have a pony. Sounds great until I price it. This kid needs to get a job. I do feel bad because the month after Christmas is always hard, so I feel like he gets a little less then what we want to do for him. I think any other time of the year I would pay $300 for pony rides. Yes $300 for like one and a half hours. Some come with petting zoo but it is a little extra. I am still researching it trying to make some deals, so we will see.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's why we mostly stick to home parties and a really big one when they turn 10. After that, they can have a party or presents (money for shopping spree or big item). Having bdays in Nov Dec Feb March April is killer, esp this year...
I am with home-type parties, too...BUT check out the stable on base (Pendleton)...might be a bit of a drive, but probably well worth it...
Not big on home parties because of the clean up and the clean before people come. Parks are great because the kids have free entertainment and you just trash the trash. We might just go with a jump slide verses a pony. Been to the Pendleton pony ride. Fun but to far for all his friends to have to drive. (Not that his friends can drive!)
yes, parks are a great idea...I think I am going to go with the community center on base for C's 1st birthday...I am with you on the clean up--BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Ryan and I will bein TN November 12-16th. His mom and step-dad moved to manchester this past spring and have built a house there on land they own. Too bad we won't be there at the same time. Also-the kiddos are too cute all dressed up!
Park parties are even better than home parties! only this past year did I take advantage of our neighborhood's pavilion. I always thought it cost $, but if you reserve it, it's free to have parties there! AND there is a playground and pond with ducks! Those little known secrets are life-savers! -K.V.
Post a Comment