




6 lbs 10 oz 21 inches
born at 6:59 pm March 4th! Well on Tuesday March 4th we spent the day at the zoo with Jack and then later that day went to the hospital to have our baby girl. I had contractions all day, but they were tolerable. My personal nurse (Lisa, Todd's aunt is a L & D nurse) and I went to the hospital to have the baby monitored and they stripped my membranes. The second I got off the elevator I started having very painful contractions every 5 minutes. We went home and I showered and walked for 2 hours and then my nurse (Lisa) checked and said we gotta go!!!! We sped to the hospital keeping Lisa close by just in case! We arrived and the doctor acted like there is no way things have changed that quick, so he took his time and when he went to check my water broke. The admitted me and started an IV and blood work. I asked for an epidural ASAP, but they had to wait for the blood results. They waited and waited, I asked and asked, and begged and begged. The doctors went on and a few things, I was contracting about every 2-3 minutes and noticed that everyone had left the room. The pain was so bad that I had to start pushing to get relief. Todd kept trying to talk to me, but the last thing I wanted was to talk or be touched. I kept saying nononononoooooo, because I knew she was right there and I didn't have any meds and there was no one in the room but me and Todd. Finally the doctors walked in and mentioned doing and ultrasound because she wasn't picking up on the monitor. I asked if they were getting my page and they said no. The doctor went to check me and I said she is coming. He looked and yelled for a delivery table. Everyone was there in a flash and in 3 pushes she came right out. OUCH!!! Finally a nurse said can she have something for pain in her IV? The docotor said sure! So before they started to stitch (2ns degree) I got a little medication.
Anyways, I never thought that I would ever have to do a natural birth. I don't recommend it, but it is doable if you have to.
We are loving our sweet little girl. We missed Jack like crazy while we were staying at the hospital. He came to visit twice and loves to help with his sister. Thanks you for all the thoughts and prayers! We truly have an amazing family. Thank you to both of our moms and both of our Aunts. We enjoyed the time we were able to spend with you and get to spend with you. Dad thank you for being there for Jack when we were all at the hospital. He loves his papa!

2 comments:
Allie is precious!!!! Congratulations!!! How does Jack like being a big brother?
Wow, your birth story sounds very similar to mine. I was in labor for what felt like five minutes before Abbey arrived. I wanted an epidural too, but she just came to fast for one. I guess us Texas girls really know how to have a baby!
Post a Comment