Saturday, October 18, 2008

I love you Todd




WOW! I have the best husband in the world. He loves me so much, he helps around the house and loves to entertain the kids. Lately I have learned so much from him. I have learned hat to get through to my 2.5 year old you have to have major patience and just talk to him. Not yell like I tend to do at the end of the day. I don't know about any of you, but I don't have any patience by the end of the day. After watching him with Jack many times over the past week I have realized that he has figured him out. He will just calmly say Jack why did you do that or you know we don' do that. Then he will ask him to come sit and talk to him until they have it all worked out. It may sound crazy but it works. Last night for bed I decided that I am going to break him of having to have someone in the room until he falls asleep, so I explained to him that he is a big boy ....... After the 3rd time of explaining it to him I just started taking him back to his room without saying anything. It took maybe 20 times (odd and I alternated turns). Jack finally gave up and fell asleep in his bed by himself. I won't be home tonight because I have a sitter (Todd is out sailing and I have a girls night out), so we will have to see how things go the next few nights.

New things around here???
Todd bought me a 24" Apple imac!!!!!!!!! I love it! It was hard to edit photos on my laptop so now he uses it and I have the big daddy. I am still waiting on my photoshop to arrive. I have a photo shoot for about 5 families coming up (maybe more?). I am very nervous. I did some pictures of Morgan and some of them turned out really good. I just had her play with one of her favorite toys and snapped away. She is beautiful so it was easy!
Today Jack and I made pumpkin muffins and carved a pumpkin. We had some great bonding time!!!! He is actually really good in the kitchen. Very neat and clean! I love how the muffins made the house smell like fall (my favorite time of the year!). We have been to 2 pumpkin patches and had a wonderful time.

Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comments:

KatieC said...

I have the same difficulty with my 5 year olds at school. Its hard to get a point across and it sinkin the first time. Tood was great with Jack! Go daddy!